Frankfurt Skyline, green spaces, park areas, historic old town, museums, and lots more. One thing is for sure: there will never be a dull moment in Frankfurt.
Frankfurt Old Town
The city centre which was destroyed during WWII has been completely reconstructed. Explore Frankfurt Old Town on a shopping tour, an architectural excursion or on a trip to museums and theatres.
Top Sights of Frankfurt Old Town:
- 95m Frankfurt Cathedral has been a landmark since 1415. Tip: walk to the tower and enjoy the stunning view of the Old Town. Don’t forget to take a picture!
- Römerberg with Town Hall is THE central square of the Old Town.
- Goethe House: is Johann Wolfgang Goethe’s birthplace.
- Hühnermarkt square with Friedrich-Stoltze Fountain (and the building where Goethe’s aunt lived)
- There is also Krönungsweg, St. Paul’s Church, Goldene Waage and Kaiserpfalz
For culture and art lovers: more than 40 museums and galleries covering fashion and design, art sculpture, photography, history, and lots more.
Opened in 1869, Eiserne Steg is a footbridge spanning the river Main, which connects the centre of Frankfurt with the district of Sachsenhausen.
Today, the former opera house is an important concert hall for musicals, jazz, and classical events.
The second-oldest zoo in Germany is home to many animals and a very popular destination for a day trip.