Webcam in Hamburg - Empire Riverside Hotel826417DD-BFFF-456B-900C-98B628C3D9BD
Where is Hamburg?
Hamburg is the most important port of northern Germany. It is home to 1.85 million people and the second largest German city. The seaport ranks among the busiest in the world and: the quality of life in Hamburg is one of the highest. Berlin is only a 284.4 km drive from Hamburg.
The city centre is around Binnenalster ("Inner Alster") and Außenalster ("Outer Alster"), both formed by damming the River Alster to create lakes. Famous Jungfernstieg Boulevard connects New Town with Old Town where you also find St. Michael’s Church dating from the 18th century: the church tower offers one the finest views of the city. The city is also known for Reeperbahn in St. Pauli, Speicherstadt (Warehouse district), Elbphilharmonie and the Fish Market. And: the people of Hamburg are known for their special kind of humour.
Hundreds of canals crisscross the city of Hamburg (Fleet).
Endless attractions: from port to harbour city, via Kiez to Elbphilharmonie
One trip to Hamburg is not enough to explore the city - Speicherstadt or HafenCity, theatre or musical, fish market, infamous Reeperbahn, Elbphilharmonie or the many bars and restaurants – the list of sight is sheer endless. Must-do: stroll along the port as well as cruise around the port, fish pie at Fischauktionshalle, coffee at Jungfernsteg and drink at Reeperbahn.
- Hamburg Port: first enjoy the view to Elbphilharmonie, then join a cruise.
- Speicherstadt: largest warehouse district in the world; it was awarded the status of UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2015!
- Elbphilharmonie and HafenCity: short “Elphi“, the concert hall was finished in 2016, an architectural masterpiece. Hafencity is considered the largest urban redevelopment project in Europe. Hafencity combines work, life, education, culture, leisure, and lots more.
- Fish market and fish auction hall: the fish market in Altona-Old Town attracts many visitors every Sunday – live music early in the morning.
- Miniature Wonderland: one of the most popular sights in Germany – the world’s largest model railroad set.
- Alster: Hamburg‘s main artery: walking, jogging, relaxing ….
- St. Michael’s Church: “Michel” is the city’s landmark – enjoy the view from the tower! Highlight: Michel by night.
- Reeperbahn: located in St. Pauli – discos, bars, clubs, striptease bars, and …. You have not seen Hamburg if you have not been to Hamburg’s centre of nightlife.
- Planten un Blomen: urban park featuring water-light concerts Sundays from May to August . Free entrance!
- Old Elbe Tunnel: underground sight.
Hamburg is home to many theatres, shops, and museums such as the Submarine Museum at the port.
The Weather in Hamburg? Have a look at the weather forecasts and our live web cams!
Always take the raincoat with you when in Hamburg. February is the driest month of the year. Hamburg enjoys a moderate and mild climate with pleasant temperature throughout the year. July is the hottest month of the year with average temperatures of 18.5°C.
Check out our live weather cams for more info about the current weather situation in Hamburg.