Webcam in Stoos10F4EAAE-A71D-4882-AC21-DA2E3850A7C1
The Community of Morschach-Stoos
Morschach is situated at 650 m above sea level in the canton of Schwyz. The community has 938 inhabitants and covers an area of 23,4 km².
Above Stoos (1300 meters above sea level) rises the powerful Fronalpstock. You reach it with the a section chair lift or by hiking on beautiful trails. The view at the new summit restaurant on 1922 m is breathtaking and opens up a panorama on the Ruetli and the heart of Switzerland.
Panorama Mountain Experience Stoos
Car-free, child-friendly, attractive, varied, affordable and very close to Zurich and Lucerne. The Stoos Mountain (1300 – 1935 m a.s.l.) is a unique leisure region in the heart of Central Switzerland.
- Breathtaking view on more than 10 Swiss lakes and hundreds of alpine peaks from Central Switzerland to France and Germany
- 45min panorama walking trail on top of Fronalpstock summit within a beautiful landscape
- Direct view to lake Uri and the spots where the founding of the Swiss Confederation took place
- Summit restaurant with big and sunny terrace, ideal for groups and small conferences
- Possibility to combine this arrangement with lots of walking and hiking trails on different levels of difficulty
The winter sports area of Stoos is popular due to its family-friendly prices, a variety of slopes and modern facilities. There are 35 kilometres of slopes full of variety, 15 km of idyllic cross-country ski runs, an airboard and sledging run, snow sports schools, the children’s "Skiland" with a new magic carpet, winter walking routes, snowshoe trails, a curling field and much more.